Friday, September 19, 2008

First Love









Hey there!
My first blog. Ever!
This is so scary, can´t even begin to tell you.
I´ve wanted to have a fashion blog before blog was even a word (8 years ago) The dream was to have an Icelandic style.com , shouldn´t we dream large?
Anyway, since everyone and theyr grandma (including mine) are doing it, I decided to join in on the huge "trend"!

I fell deeply in love with fashion when I was 14. I had always been a girly girl(taping beauty pagents and Eurovision while studying theyr every move) I was also totally mezmerised while looking at my mom putting on HUGE amounts of make-up (YSL for the most part, Loved the bright colors and looovely golden packeging. ) but the day I really FELL in love- I´ll never forget.
I stood in the bookstore with an Italian Vogue in my hands. The Norwegian model Sunniva Stordahl stared back at me from the glossy pages. Loved her red hair, white milky skin skin, that otherwordly atmo I felt while looking at it. (Also loved the fact she was totally flat chested, and man was I praying for a huge growth in that department)
From that moment on I ´ve been obsessed with beautiful photography, amazingly unusal looking people, strangely beautiful people, raw and intence images. Photos that tell a story, eyes with something behind them.

My passion has evolved and changed a little over the years , I did study Make-Up and I love that, also worked as a model for some years(age 15-19 mostly) -dis some Styling as well - I was always more into the faces and photography then the clothes. Lately I´ve learned to appriciate what goes into making beautiful pieces, the stories behind them and also am really fascinated with street wear and how individual and beautiful "real " people can be.

I´m not gonna keep this blog too formal, i´ll just post when I feel like it, whatever I feel like.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Loksins loksins... Er búin að reyna að hvetja þig í mörg milljón ár... Hlakka til að fylgjast með!