Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lady GaGa














































I´ve become a Lady GaGa fan. Her music is so catchy, it didn´t take long for me put her song "Pokerface" on repeat!
She´s also a fierce fashionista. There´s a lot of talk about her beeing so original-but since she claimes her icons include Grace Jones and Andy Warhol (and the designer Margiela) it´s not hard to see the influence in her fashion choices. She´s edgy and in your face. Me like that! Enjoy the eye candy!

GaGa states that she is "very in to fashion" and it's "everything to her".[10][34] "When I'm writing music, I'm thinking about the clothes I want to wear on stage. It's all about everything altogether — performance art, pop performance art, fashion. For me, it's everything coming together and being a real story that will bring back the super-fan. I want to bring that back. I want the imagery to be so strong that fans will want to eat and taste and lick every part of us."[34] She also channels Versace in everything she does and considers Donatella Versace as her muse in many ways.[10] "She’s iconic and powerful, yet people throw darts at her. She’s definitely provocative."[10]
Towards the end of 2008, similarities were made between the fashion sense of GaGa and American singer-songwriter Christina Aguilera—these similarities included styling, hair and make-up.[10] Aguilera later claimed she was "completely unaware of this person" and even "didn't know if it [GaGa] is a man or a woman".[10] Afterward GaGa released a statement where she said that it was very flattering when it happened. "She's such a huge star and if anything I should send her flowers, because a lot of people in America didn't know who I was until that whole thing happened. It really put me on the map in a way."[35] However, she later stated that nobody can copy her because she can't be copied

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/01/dear_lady_gaga_bottoms_are_you_1.html?f=most-commented-24h-10 Grein um hana í NY Magazine... verið að tala um að hún sé aldrei í buxum o.fl.

-Kristjana